dinsdag 26 april 2022

Back issues - Update 3

 Yesterday was a really bad day. I had somehow managed to end up sleeping on my back, which causes me backaches by default when nothing is wrong with me, but now that my back is already injured it made things far, far worse. The pain was back full force, I could barely move and I didn't make it to the toilet in the morning. Yuck. 

I called the physiotherapist and told him I was not going to make it the next day, to come to him. Just too much pain, and no idea how to even put my shoes on. He was very nice and offered to come see me the same day. Once here, he pulled and pushed around the hip area, put pressure on the bones at the center and it all hurt like hell, but I did feel a little better after. The pain was back to a somewhat manageable level but towards the end of the afternoon I was so tired of battling the pain I fell asleep and didn't wake until 7 pm. Owshit, I was supposed to cook dinner hours ago. I stumbled out of bed and met my son Mike in the hallway. 

He told me he had ordered food from our favorite place which would arrive soon, and that the cats had already been fed so to not worry about a thing. This man truly is my angel right now, helping out where he can and doing just the right things to cheer me up on a grim day like yesterday. 

Today it's a lot better again. I am doing my exercises, walking around the house a lot, managed to feed the cats myself, took a shower and changed clothes all by myself. I'm doggone tired because every movement has to be planned out and done very carefully, but I am managing and it feels great. I get up every 15 minutes to walk to the balcony door and back, and then I stand by the dresser in my bedroom and pull my knees up one by one to the top of it. 

It probably all sounds silly and easy but to me right now, it's top sports. It's going to take time but I will get there eventually. One day, I will dance again. 





Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten