zondag 24 april 2022

Back issues - update 2

 Sooooo this morning I woke at 6 am, took my painkillers and waited a while for them to kick in, meanwhile doing some stretching exercises in bed. When I finally though it was safe to try and get up, I managed to get out of bed with no pain at all. Walking still wasn't pleasant and very very slow, but I was rejoicing that the dreaded "getting into an upright position" actually was a piece of cake, today. 

Sticking to my "get up every 15-30 minutes" schedule so far, to make sure I keep progressing. Still no clue how to get to the physiotherapist on Tuesday, but feeling more confident I'll be able to do it than yesterday. 

I'm finding I am mostly battling my own fears here. At the slightest wrong movement, or even: fear the next movement might be a wrong one, all my myscles in my lower back, hips and butt cramp up, causing me the exact pain I was afraid of. I have since learned that doing breathing exercises to force myself to relax works, but not always. 

All in all, still seeing progress, so quite happy about that. 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten