donderdag 19 januari 2023

Better times

 I just came back to my blog for the first time since the hernia episode, last year. I haven't felt like writing. First I was too busy recovering, and then I carried on with my life. I am proud to say I eventually was able to go back to work after 2 months. For a couple of hours a day at first, but slowly but steadily upping the hours and eventually ending up calling the company doctor that I was done with the 'slow build up" schedule, hours wise, I was on and wanted to work my full normal hours. 3 months after the hernia I was back to that. My back is still needing extra care, which means getting up at least every hour and walking around for a bit. I've been exercising, keeping a healthy diet, keeping a strict sleeping schedule and making sure I do everything I can to be as healthy as possible and the results are beyond what the doctors initially told me was possible. My A.S. is hardly progressing, if at all, which is amazing and pretty much an "against the odds" kind of thing. 

Other than that life goes on. There's ups and downs but nothing major and I am generally quite the happy camper here. I'm kicking ass and taking names, and if anything the past year has proven it is that telling me I can't triggers an "oh yeah?" in me, and then I prove that actually, I can. 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten