woensdag 10 maart 2021

Hello World

 Hello world.

I once used to live there too, where you are now. 
Fond memories of dancing in your squares, now all empty. 
Getting drunk in your bars, now all closed. 
My first kiss in one of your parks, now filled with signs: keep your distance. 

I have traveled all over you, with friends or to go and see lovers who since have all moved.. to a screen. 
Your busy beaches, vibrating cities, amazing forests and mountains and valleys with all their sounds and colors now only exist in books and on my screen.. out of reach. 
I can no longer touch anyone.. my mask keeps me from inhaling the scent of people I love and crying on someone's shoulder is no longer allowed.. it's a risk. As is most anything that involves people. 

My soul aches for you. You are so close, and yet so incredibly far away. I watch, from behind my window or my mask and I can't wait for the day that you will tell me that I am forgiven. 

For disrespecting you. For taking you for granted. For making you see no other way than to hurt me and my entire species back for all we have done to you. For being arrogant and thinking we can just continue taking from you without giving back, destroying, overpopulating, damaging you.  

For now, all I can do is cherish the memories. And tell you that I truly, honestly

am sorry. 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten