zaterdag 20 december 2008

True meanings

In this fast paced world called SecondLife, words often don't have the same meaning they have in Real Life. Especially concepts like time and feelings seem to be quite different on SecondLife and those new to this virtual world are quite likely to fall into those pitfalls and get hurt, because they made the funny mistake to interpret words the way they would in real Life. Bad plan! So, having been around SL for some 4 years now, maybe it is time I share some of what I learned along the way with you. Here it is.

Hi, how r u?
Meaning: Hello, I am either a teenager or I think this way of talking is cool. I think your avatar looks hot and I would like to do unspeakable things to you, but I lack the imagination to come up with a more original opener than this one.

I have to go, but can we be friends?
Meaning: I would like to hump your avatar sometime soon but right now I'm kind of busy chatting up someone else who got here before you.

I bought some new couples poses, could you come over and help me adjust them properly?
Meaning: I need a lame excuse to hump you, let's see if you are stupid enough to fall for this one.

I want to get to know you better
Meaning: I would like to hump you.

It's your mind I'm after
Meaning: I couldn't care less about your mental capacities but hey, if it means I get to hump you, I can pretend.

I want you to be mine completely
Meaning: I want you to be available to me at all times.

This person is my best friend in SecondLife and that's all there is between us.
Meaning: Of course we have sex. We just don't see each other enough to warrant a relationship.

I'm a romantic at heart
Meaning: I'll go through the whole wine, dine, dance and rose petals thing if it means I get to hump you.

I'm poly
Meaning: I have difficulties committing since there's so many hot people on SecondLife. I will however be the only one who gets to play around since I am too jealous to let you do the same.

I'm a lesbian
Meaning: I'm quite likely to be a man in real life

I'm bisexual
Meaning: I'm either a man in real life trying to be less obvious than the "lesbian" mentioned before, or I am indeed female but quite likely to only play with women on SecondLife, since in the real world my husband would kill me if he found out I like women, too.

I love you
Meaning: Sex with you is fun and you look hot.

A loooong time
Meaning: several days

Forever
Meaning: 2 weeks

3 opmerkingen: