zaterdag 13 juni 2009

Who's that girl?

More songwriting.. spilling a bit of my soul here.


**

Who's that girl?

Well I wonder who that girl is
she is sitting in my chair
and she wears my clothes, she has my face
she has even got my hair

But her eyes are close to crying
and her mouth has lost its grin
and as far as I can tell from here
she is close to caving in

And she's asking all her closest friends
what she may be doing wrong
'cause she used to always laugh and sing
she was always tough and strong
and she used to dodge or take the blows
and she could take on the world
so I really wonder who she is
tell me please.. who is that girl?

Yeah I wonder who that girl is
she is speaking in my voice
but it's far too soft, and trembling
like she doesn't have a choice

And I wish that I could help her
but I don't know who she is
She's a stranger yet familiar
she's the part of me I miss

And I'm asking all my closest friends
what I may be doing wrong
'cause I used to always laugh and sing
I was always tough and strong
Now the bleeding heart has surfaced
and it doesn't have a name
But if she is me, then I am her
and a fighter all the same

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten